A learning platform, designed and built from the ground up for INSEAD, one of the world’s top five business schools.
Lead UX in the development of a new executive education platform for INSEAD, one of the world’s top ranking business schools. The platform is designed to guide students through the process of coming to INSEAD, deliver their course content, and help them study more effectively once on campus, with tools and study guides. The platform includes both a feature rich iPad app and responsive web app, which gives students flexibility to access their course from any device in any context.
My role in the project
In addition to the UX role, I took on many responsibilities which would traditionally be owned by a product manager, in part due to the close working relationship with our client. Responsibilities included:
- Establishing design and UX principles
- Shaping the feature backlog & gathering requirements
- UI design (sketching, prototyping and wireframing)
- Advising client on product strategy
- User testing
- Designing the custom CMS which allows INSEAD staff to publish courses to the platform
The project also gave me invaluable experience in a cross functional delivery team which included UX, visual design, front end, back end and iOS developers, in addition to QA and a project manager.
We setup the design process to be as lean, collaborative and user-centric as possible (within the confines of a client-agency relationship).
- User interviews, workshops and experience mapping played a central role in defining the priorities and scope of the project
- Prototyping and user testing during the pitch process ensured early validation of ideas
- During design and production, I led regular rounds of user testing to inform design decisions
- We made multiple updates to the design workflow and process throughout the project to foster more effective communication with the client and dev team.
An example of how research informed design
Research revealed that the process of preparing to come to INSEAD was as stressful as it was exciting. Students at INSEAD are busy professionals who travel to from all around the world, and need to do their preparation while tying up loose ends at work in order to take time away to study. The courses, however, require pre-reading and preparation work to be done. To make the stressful preparation process easier, we built offline support as a core feature in the iOS app. This allowed students to simply log in to the app and have the entire course download to their device, which in turn allowed them to do the required preparation reading during the flight to France with minimum fuss or effort.
The app is only available to INSEAD students and, as a result, hasn’t received enough reviews to get an official rating in the app store. During pilot courses it received the following ratings:
- Quality of experience: (4.2/5)
- Ease of use: (4.2/5)